Here are a few methods by which you can access the GPS information. Follow the steps to get started.
- Open a geotagged image into the Preview App
- Click on ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Show Inspector’
- Choose the ‘i’ tab and then select ‘GPS’ which displays the GPS information with a Map view.
- Click on ‘Show in Maps’ button for a better view of the location on Map.
On iPhone and iPad
follow these steps:
– Using Photos App
View your Photos Location using Apple ‘Photos’ App
– Using ‘Exif Viewer by Fluntro‘ Photography App
As i mentioned earlier, when you take a photo it stores exif datas like location, GPS coordinates, date, altitude, and many more details along with it on your phone. So how can one access all those Exif datas in a single view on your iphone? This third-party App called ‘Exif Viewer by Fluntro’ can display all your photos exif details on your phone.
Appstore link of paid Full version :- https://apps.apple.com/app/exif-viewer-by-fluntro/id944118456
Appstore link of Free Lite version :- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/exif-viewer-lite-by-fluntro/id979066584
How to view GPS information using Exif Viewer by Fluntro?
Follow the steps:
- After downloading and installing the app, open app and allow the app to access to your photos.
- Select the Photo.
- Location name will be displayed on bottom-right corner of EXIF Card.
- Tap on location name to toggle between location name and coordinates.
Exif Viewer App : on iPhone
Exif Viewer App : on iPad
On iPad: Screenshot of Exif viewer by Fluntro App displaying location name and GPS Co-ordinates.
Apart from the GPS information this app allows you to view a lot more exif metadatas. Scroll down to view other details like altitude, speed, date, time, speed, etc. It is the most loved app by professional photographers. So, try to learn a lot about your photos hidden details through this app.
Checkout the preview video of Exif Viewer by Fluntro:
Hope this article was helpful. Thankyou
Related Questions :